Otolo is on the hunt for a hands-on Learning & Development Programme Lead to join our management team as we look to our next stages of growth
🙌 About Us:
Otolo is the new global community connecting people passionate for hospitality, on a mission to disrupt the way hospitality people develop, connect and grow their careers, with quality blended mentoring, career coaching and e-learning. At the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has devastated operations, employees and customers of UK and global hospitality businesses, we founded an online mentoring service, connecting hospitality students and early career professionals (mentees) with experienced industry leaders (mentors) who have seen, survived and performed in past crises and challenges.
We’ve grown over the last 12 months at great pace! We now have an online platform of 2000 members & 100 mentors offering:
- Community – a place to discuss, meet, inspire & learn with peers;
- Connections – matches with vetted mentors at events, 1 to 1 or group mentoring; &
- Courses – more formal programmes for those looking to achieve accreditation.
And we’re not stopping there! We recently won a grant to further deliver our offering.
If you are an enthusiastic people-person, who can identify with our values and is excited at the prospect of helping us build and develop a new global network of hospitality businesses, universities and associations to help the hospitality industry at this huge time of need, we would love to hear from you.
🧡 Our Values:
- Better Together – we are all about industry collaboration; transparent team working; and building strong networks of people who can help us
- Always learning – we take on new challenges; read around the subject
- Adaptable & gets things done – we have a go at helping out on the big things that matter
- Committed passion – we get the mission; we stick when things are tough
🖥️ What you’ll be doing:
- Building and designing our L&D proposition, process and offer
- Scoping Certification & Accreditation inline with our pathway design
- Exploring blended learning approaches alongside coaching, mentoring and career guidance to comply with our grant requirements
- Selecting an Education Service Provider to deliver Level 2 & Level 3 applicable courses to a variety of participants
- Managing mentor and participant engagement
- Working with our Product & Tech Teams to guide technical decision making to ensure a robust technical offering
- Working with our marketing team to ensure effective and clear messaging and communication
- Leading a team of Coaches & Managers to deliver on our mission & objectives
🚀 You should apply if:
- You'll be a progressive & experienced L&D practitioner with experience working with coaching & blended education to achieve outcomes
- You’ll have designed L&D programmes previously; it would be great if these were hospitality-focused
- You’re agile in your approach – one size doesn’t fit all, and you’ll need to be dynamic
- You'll have line managed teams to achieve a variety of outcomes
- You’ll take ownership, deliver and display ambiguity in your work
- Transparency is your default; you’ll demonstrate strong and open communication
As a growing start-up with an impactful and rewarding mission, we’re able to offer a competitive salary and equity for the right candidate.
Most of our team are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 however, you will ideally be in a commutable distance to London for face-to-face work once our office reopens, although this won’t be too much (perhaps once/twice a week!)